The ST400 star tracker is aimed at microsatellite systems. With doubled attitude determiniation accuracy and improved radiation tolerance compared to its little brother, the ST200, it enables more demanding missions.
The ST400 is prepared to accept very narrow sun-exclusion angle baffles, which Hyperion Technologies can supply on demand. The dedicated RS422/RS485 interface allows networking multiple ST400’s, which combined with narrow sun-exclusion angle baffles means that even for the most complex satellite and orbit geometries, there will always be a configuration that works.
The ST400 has been qualified for man-rated missions since October 2013 and has flight heritage since Q4 2015.
- Accuracy: 10 arcseconds (3-sigma)
- Update rate: 5 Hz
- RS422/RS485 bidirectional interface
- Power consumption: 700 mW (nominal)
- Mass: 280 g
- Supply voltage: 4.5V – 15.5V
- Various suitable baffle options are available on demand