The MTQ400 magnetorquers are aimed at applications in 6-12U CubeSats. Offering one of the highest energy efficiencies in the industry, combined with fine-grained dipole-moment strength control, it allows precise pointing and rapid de-saturation of any reaction wheels in the satellite.
Two models are available in the MTQ400 series: The standard MTQ400.50 and the lower profile MTQ400.40, perfectly suited for vertical installation in limited space.
With a unique boost-mode, these magnetorquers can be pushed up to higher magnetic dipole moments for short duration manoeuvres, through sacrificing some energy efficiency. In return however, these magnetorquers will offer the fastest de-tumbing of any satellite in this mass class, allowing the users to start their operations in the shortest amount of time.
- Available as MTQ400.50 or MTQ400.40
- Includes drive electronics
- Nominal dipole moment: 0.5 / 0.4 A.m²
- Boost mode dipole moment: up to 2 Am² / up to 1.5 A.m²
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 80 mm / 11.5 x 65 mm (Ø x l)
- Mass: 44.1 / 34.5 g
- Dipole moment directly controllable, in steps of 1 mA.m²
- Power consumption at nominal dipole moment only 270 / 350 mW, including drive electronics (TBC)